|Top 10 reasons why we were lucky to be golfers during the COVID apocalypse and beyond: |
|1. We are outside in the beautiful fresh air.|
2. For the most part, we keep our germs to ourselves.
3. Social distance is already built into the game.
4. We don’t have to share equipment.
5. We touch only our own golf ball.
6. There’s no physical contact with other players. (Unless we choose to slide-tackle the 15-handicapper who just made another birdie.)
7. Most restrooms have enough toilet paper.
8. We can play by ourselves.
9. Public swearing is acceptable and usually expected.
10. Although the 2020 Master’s was postponed, the 2019 replay was awesome! My money was on Tiger.
Dodie Mazzuca is the author of “Golf Sūtras,” “Daily Golf Tap-Ins,” and founder of Golf PROformance. She teaches golf lessons, golf yoga workshops, and mindfulness for golf programs in Santa Cruz, CA.