Struggling with your backswing position at the top? Try this simple drill to keep your right /back shoulder in the correct position.
- Begin in golf posture.
- With both hands, swing the club to the top of the backswing.
- Release the left/front arm and gently coax the right/back elbow into the correct position.
- Hold for 3-5 breaths and memorize the feeling.
- Return to the set-up position and with both hands, attempt to replicate the correct backswing position.
- Repeat as necessary. . . 9,999 more times will usually do the trick!
(*Modify or avoid if there is a shoulder injury)
Dodie Mazzuca is the founder of Golf PROformance and teaches golf and Mindfulness for Golf programs in Santa Cruz, CA.